Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chugging along

              Summer Vacation: Day 7


Day 7 of summer vacation was one of those days where stuff just had to get done. Laundry, dishes, dusting, putting things away, etc. Luckily, there is one thing that always keeps my daughter entertained-- her cars.  As you can tell from the picture a few of them are pretty beaten up but that is because they were my husband's..at least 25 years old or slightly more.  The race car in the picture, however,  our daughter just got at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway a couple of weeks ago when we went with my husband's company and watched practices. She has at least 50 and tends to line them up on our desk.

Summer Vacation: Day 8


On Day 8 we spent more time outside watering our flowers, pulling weeds, and sweeping the annoying mulch off our porch. I have a theory that our neighbors cats get into our mulch. I believe they also dig little holes in the mulch for their own personal toilet. Yes, I hate cats but that is beside the point. It wouldn't be ok with me even if dogs were doing it. Cats are just too sneaky for me.
Our daughter tended to her flowers as well. Several weeks ago she planted sunflowers and marigolds and has felt so grown up taking care of them herself.  She also helped me cut some of my gerber daisies to bring in the house.

Summer Vacation: Day 9


My daughter cannot get enough of the outdoors in warm weather.  We keep ourselves busy with soccer, baseball, bubbles, sandbox, bikes, frisbee, sidewalk chalk etc.  On Day 9 we went and got a badminton set.  It's rough..but she tries very hard to hit it on her own. Sometimes it ends in fits of rage with her sitting on the ground refusing to move but eventually she gets up and tries again.  Just another adventure to keep us busy this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment