Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Finally--It's June!

Summer Vacation: Day 12


Day 12 of summer vacation and the entire weekend in general was simply beautiful. Sunny and temperatures around 70 just made for a perfect weekend. On Day 12 we had some special guests over for dinner and enjoyed some margarita's as well. If only summer could stay this nice; however, I know 90 degree temperatures and humidity will be here soon enough. 

Summer Vacation: Day 13



After hearing all the hype about the Fifty Shades of Grey and the two books that follow, I caved and bought it. I have never been so captivated by a book in my life. If you're a little too conservative or a prude--this book is not for you. However, I found this book to be a fantasy but yet somehow grounded in a sense of reality.  I am excited to get into the second book this week. 

Summer Vacation: Day 14


That time of year again! We signed up for our local library's summer reading program. After reading a certain number of books or reading for a certain time frame the kids get to put their names into buckets to win different prizes.  They also get a free book and other automatic incentives for reading. Along with the reading our library has entertainers such as a puppet show, pirate songs/stories, jugglers, etc. My daughter looks forward to the program every year. It gives us something else to do during the summer and keeps us heading to the library.


6 comments:

  1. Great Blog! Following you from MBC and hope you would please follow me back too:) Thanks so much!

    http://kngmckellar-glorias.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower. I will be sure to follow back!

      Delete
  2. Found you on MBC! I must say, I have a passion for finding errors in books and newspapers too. Except I don't circle them... but now I might start to do it! I love geneaology as well!

    tracie
    weddedblissplusbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Hope you come back and visit. I love your blog and became a follower.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer,

    Thank you for the awesome post. Wow, school has been out for a while. My child still has until July 2, and she is counting the sleeps until she does not have to get up at 7 am. Mee too, if I have to admit it. Followed you over from MBC. Love the name of the blog. Hope you are having an awesome summer and I look forward to reading more from you.

    Cynthia
    www.richlymiddleclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I'm fairly new at this but enjoying it so far. Love your blog site as well...very interesting!

      Delete