Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My blogging mind is a vast desert

I have not blogged in awhile. I promised myself I would try to blog every week. Not happening.  Why? Honestly, there just hasn't been anything to blog about.  I could bore you with details about how I get up in the mornings, get my daughter ready for school, take her to school, clean the house, pay bills, do laundry, feed the dogs, make the beds, exercise, run errands, job search, pick up my daughter from school, make dinner, homework, etc.

I am also not sure you would want to hear about being body slammed by my doctor this week with a routine check-up which is leading me to have two ultrasounds at the hospital this week. Gallbladders? Eh...who needs 'em?!  A monster 'mass' on ovary?  Eh...been there, done that. Just not what I expected of this week when I woke up Monday morning!  I have a problem with being blindsided by life..but then again, who really enjoys that? Plus, doctors, hospitals, and tests have been a constant for me for the last 20 years. It is routine.

Other bloggers can pick a subject and just write a witty post about it with ease. Then again..maybe some bloggers should take a hiatus as well. I clicked on one of my favorite blogs this morning to find a post about potty training. Not so bad, right?  There was a picture of her daughter on the toilet. Really, I will never be that kind of blogger.

Guess my mind has been in a rut lately where the routine has taken over by body.  When I am stuck in a routine way of life my creative brain takes a vacation.  This time I think it booked a one way ticket.

Even my camera has wondered where I have been lately.  I finally took her out last weekend while visiting my parents for a family cookout but she is still feeling neglected. I will fill this post with a few of the pics I captured last weekend- all taken at my parents beautiful home. 

So, any ideas on how to get out of a rut?












3 comments:

  1. Hello, great blog! Found you on simply follow Mombloggersclub. I am now a GFC follower. Jo @ www.mssouthernmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog! I will certainly follow back.

      Delete
  2. I get in ruts like this too, but I don't think I have any suggestions about how to get out of them, unfortunately :) Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete