The best parts of being at home:
- You are the one to be there to comfort and teach your child everyday.
- I can be here for deliveries or repair men.
- I am able to keep up on cleaning the house (laundry, dishes, etc).
- I can exercise almost anytime.
- On days my daughter doesn't have preschool we sleep in a little.
- Beautiful days can be spent at the park, rainy days at the library.
- Get to hang out with my other stay at home mom friends during the week.
- Doing art, music, and activities during the week with my daughter is priceless.
There are no sick days!
If my husband gets sick he can simply call into work and hibernate upstairs and know that all will be taken care of downstairs. I will keep our daughter quiet or we'll go out for the day. I'll run and get him medicine or anything else he needs. For most stay at home mom's there simply are no sick days to take. I cannot sleep all day. I have to run and get medicine myself with my daughter in tow. I still find myself cleaning, doing laundry, etc. while barely being able to stand up. I still have to fix lunch and dinner for my daughter, play with her, get her ready for bed (seeing as my husband works late).
Not that I am complaining here...merely stating a fact--there are no sick days for stay at home moms. I salute all other moms who are also sick right now struggling to get through the day. May our kids go easy on us! Ha ha..wishful thinking, I suppose.