Monday, January 13, 2014

"These little earthquakes"....

"ooh, these little earthquakes. Here we go again. Doesn't take much to rip us into pieces." - Tori Amos



The first 12 days of 2014 better not be an indication of how the rest of the year will be.  The outcomes are good, but having anxiety so early in the year is enough to want me to have 2013 back if only for a moment. A call to return after a mammogram is enough to break even the strongest of souls.  Yes, I am young. 34. Most women don't worry about mammograms so young.  I have no choice but to worry.  My grandmother passed away from breast cancer and my mother is in remission.  I have had my fair share of health issues and have been poked and prodded enough to last a lifetime, but 'spots' on a mammogram can bring you to your knees.  This was my first mammogram and no one bothered to tell me that about 50% of women get called back for a follow up.  That doesn't change the fear.  In the end- all is good. Whew. Walking on air is the only way to describe the way I walked out of that hospital last week.

My dad has already been in and out of the hospital this year. We had crazy weather that resulted in my husband and daughter being home from work/school for three days. Welcome cabin fever! Our neighbors have sold their house which has been on the market just as long as us. Gives us hope, but at the same time so disappointed it wasn't us with the 'pending' on our sign.

It is only January 12th. Strap in. Those little earthquakes are waiting.

I am also experimenting with something that I truly believe is changing my life, my outlook, my attitude, and my priorities.  I am giving it a bit more time before I discuss.  Soon.....

                                                   Happy New Year!






No comments:

Post a Comment