Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year and Resolutions..blah blah

2013! But can someone please tell me where 2012 went?  I know that the last two months of 2012 are a complete blur. With Thanksgiving, my daughter's birthday, Christmas and New Year's, I completely lose track of time in the last 6-8 weeks of every year.  In the chaos, I have also battled a bad sinus infection that I put up with for 6 weeks before finally deciding I had no choice but to get antibiotics.

Around me everyone is making resolutions. I don't make resolutions anymore.  I think it is a curse. You make resolutions January 1st and by the end of January or certainly by the end of March they are a memory.  I did cut caffeine out of my life. However, I waited until January 3rd to cut it out and have not once called it a resolution. I just decided to do it on the spur of the moment. Here I am, 8 days later and still have had no caffeine. You can call it a New Year's resolution, but I refuse to do that.

Instead of resolutions I have what I call 'hopes'.  My hopes for 2013 are as follows:

1. I hope to blog more often. However, in doing so, those who read my blog may have to put up with occasional posts about nothing in particular because honestly, there really isn't this endless stream of whitty commentary in my brain.

2. I hope someone out there finds our house remotely interesting and buys it. We'll throw in two dogs for you too! LOL.  A 2 1/2 hour commute a day for my husband just isn't funny anymore. 

3. I hope to actually use the degree that took five years of blood, sweat, and tears to receive while working nearly full time and commuting back and forth to see my now husband. 

4. Spend more time with my family even though they are four hours away.  My dad had a scare in the fall and when life throws you a curve ball like that--you realize how fragile life can be.

5. Expand our family. This is a hope we have had for 5 1/2 years.  Health and God's plan are not working in our favor. As I creep toward 35 I know the clock is ticking. Thankful we at least have our little girl. 

6. Enjoy life. Simple. To the point. Do it.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    I love my blog. It is fun to actually get that time by myself and hit the button publish. This year I have vowed to blog at least 20 days out of the month and get at least two people a month interested in my site. I hope you are successful in your goals.

    ReplyDelete