Monday, January 30, 2012

Smile and life will grow

I got married six days after graduating from college. My husband found a job before I did and before I knew it we were moving to Indianapolis, IN (and have moved two more times since!). We're native Hoosiers so we're not talking a huge transition. In a rush to find myself a job as well,  I took what I promised myself would be a temporary job at a day care center.  Who knew I would partially enjoy my work there as not only a teacher but as someone who had to step up in a time of crisis more than once and help run the center. Before I knew it four years had passed and we found ourselves expecting our first child. During my pregnancy I decided to break out and attempt a career in Public Relations. After our daughter was born I landed several interviews with PR firms in Indianapolis, however, nothing prepared me for the connection I would have with my child that would cause me to rethink my whole future. Suddenly, the thought of putting her in the same environment I had worked in for four years sent me into a panic and made me sick to my stomach.  I knew then that my purpose at that time was to be a stay at home mom when just a year prior I never even had that on my radar.  I made my daughter and my husband my life but I also wasn't prepared for the sacrifices.  After 5 years I feel the day has come to make time for myself and follow the dreams I had envisioned a lifetime ago (o.k..ten years might not be a lifetime but it certainly seems that way).  Now, a new life chapter begins. Smile and life will grow around you in unexpected ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment