Friday, May 4, 2012

Photo that makes me smile


This photo always makes me smile. There are those moments when we can actually step away from our lives and go to my parent's lake house and enjoy some family time.  Last year I took this picture of my husband and our daughter and thought it was perfect. Usually my mom is able to come to the lake house the same time as us and we really get to enjoy our mini-vacations.  Our thrill last time was when my mom caught a turtle instead of a fish and our daughter thought that was the coolest thing ever.  We set out on the boat in the late afternoons to watch the sunsets.  The best time to be there is the the 4th of July when we can sit on the deck of the house and watch the fireworks over the lake. We don't get there as much as we would like but still- those moments when nothing else matters but family is priceless and we look forward to it a few times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment